Saturday, October 20, 2012

Almost One...

5 days until Genevieve turns one.  That's crazy!!  I remember being so huge and uncomfortable this time last year.  I was also quite apprehensive to as how things would be once she was no longer so safely kept inside my belly.  What would she look like?  How would she act?  Would I ever sleep again?  What would it feel like to not have to get up every hour to go to the bathroom because the diva was punching my bladder?  I don't think the questions ever stopped running through my mind.  Getting married was a big deal and life-changing to an extent, but I have to say having a child is the biggest life change I've ever experienced.  Something I couldn't even totally wrap my mind around until she was here and I was so tired the first couple months, I pretty much just went through the motions and was in survival mode.  Yes, I'm sad she's not an itty bitty anymore, but I'm also so thrilled to see and experience life with her and the vibrant personality that's come through.  It's amazing to be able to sit back for a few minutes and watch her discover new things every single day.  The first few months they're so needy and it's 200% about their needs, which is fine and they're so sweet, but this give and take relationship is also amazing too.  Now it's 175% about her and 25% about us.  :)  I love that 25% that she is able to give back to us.  Sharing her Cheerios, toys, and making us laugh.  So as sad as I am this first year has flown by, I'm thinking the year of being one will be exciting and fun for us.  I'm really looking forward to it.

G's birthday party is next Saturday and I feel like I have 81293812 things to accomplish by then, however I am quite organized and I *think* I have the majority of things done.  Cupcake Bash 2012 here we come.  :)

Krista (Dan's sister) took Genevieve's one year outdoor photos last week.  I was afraid if we waited until she was officially one to do outdoor photos that it would be too chilly.  The weather was perfect and the preview of photos she posted turned out so adorable!  Thanks, Krista.  You always do such a great job.  I'll post a few below with her watermark on them....

Genevieve seems to learn something new almost daily and she soaks things up like a sponge; it's crazy!  I know I haven't posted a video in a while, but when we try and get things on camera she becomes so enamored with us recording her she doesn't do whatever new thing we're trying to capture.  Stinker!  We'll keep trying and maybe today Dan or I can sneak a little video of her.

A brief summary of the cute little things she does/knows...

  • Puts her finger over her lips and says "shhh shhh shhh"
  • If we ask her where her nose is she points to it.  Same with her "toe toes".
  • Says "no no no no" and shakes her pointer finger at us.
  • Feeds us her snacks.
  • Walks quickly behind her toys.  Cruises along furniture like a mad woman.
  • Recently has begun taking 2-3 steps unassisted.
  • Says "hi" when the phone rings...before we even get a chance to answer it.
  • Says "tickle tickle tickle" -- I've got to try and get this recorded.
  • Knows what her blanket, Mickey Mouse (stuffed animal), and cup are.  If I say "Go get your blanket" "Go get a drink of water" or "Where's Mickey?!" she generally responds.  Sometimes she's too preoccupied with whatever is going on and ignores me...diva!

That's pretty much it for now.  I'll update after her party.  :)  Miss Aunt J & Olga are flying in for her party, so this should be awesome!  I'm so excited for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment