Friday, July 8, 2011

24 Weeks.

I had my 24 week appointment with the doctor on Tuesday and everything seems to be fine.  My blood pressure is okay and my belly measurements are on track.  Woohoo!  I also got to take the blood glucose tolerance test, which was YUCK!  I thought I was going to get sick from drinking such a sugary drink in such a short amount of time, but I didn't and now I am just waiting to get my results back from the lab.  The doctor's office hasn't called me with any concerns, so I am hoping that's a good sign & that I passed.

In other baby news, Dan has been working hard on Genevieve's room.  It's now painted and almost all of our junk has been moved out to make room for her stuff.  Hopefully once we get back from vacation we can get things set up in there.  We also signed up for childbirth classes at the hospital, which we'll attend in September.  I realized I haven't posted any belly pictures, so once I get home, I'll have Dan get one and try to put it up here before my next appointment.  I definitely have a 'bump' now.

A little blurb about what's happening with baby at 24 weeks:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment