Saturday, June 11, 2011

Progress.

A lot of things have fallen into place in the last few days and we've been able to score some unbelievable deals!  Yesterday I went with my SIL (sister in law) and Liam (nephew) to the outlets to look in the baby stores, since we finally know the gender now.  I got a few things at Carter's, but used much self-discipline to not purchase every cute thing I saw.  I think I'll go back in late July or early August when they start to put out their fall things, since Genevieve isn't expected to arrive until October 28th.  I also got Liam a bib that says "My aunt is the best!" -- well, duh :-)!   After spending the day there, I came home for a bit and decided I would go to Target & Babies R Us to register since Dan had to work late and he really does not enjoy shopping.  I went to Target, scanned away and then went to BRU.  I was through about half of the store when I got to the baby furniture.  Their furniture is quite pricey with a crib running at least $350 and up, so we didn't think we'd be purchasing from there, but I just thought I'd look out of curiosity.  Boy, am I sure glad I looked!  We found an amazing deal on a $399.99 crib and it's matching dresser, normally $349.99 for $99 each piece!! WOOHOO!  I called Dan to tell him about it and luckily he was able to talk and getting ready to get off work, so I asked him to come over and check it out to make sure we agreed we both liked it.  Thankfully, we both did and we were able to get them both.  They were all sold out of the changing table that matches, but we've found it online for a good price.  This morning I ordered her crib bedding because the furniture will be here within 2 weeks and we'll have to get the room painted.  In order to paint the room, I need to see the bedding in person to pick the right color.  :-)  I'm glad we were able to get all this done this week because I start my first of three graduate classes on Monday and since it's summer session they run from 8am-4pm every day.  I've posted photographs of the bedding, changer, dresser, & crib below.  They look almost black in pictures, but their color name is 'chocolate' and look a really dark brown in person.  Now all we need is the rocker/glider & we have all the furniture!  :-)

The crib bedding.

Changer.

Dresser.

Crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment