Thursday, February 14, 2013

Bittersweet.

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's been a pretty good day at the Kirchner house for the most part.  Dan sent me a beautiful vase of tulips (my favorite) and irises.  He got Genevieve a cute Snoopy card that plays a song when it's open; she's thrilled with it.  I got him a massage because he keeps talking about how his back is hurting, so maybe it will help.  Genevieve made him a Valentine as well.  She colored a heart for him & I wrote on it for her.  However, it's just not the same without my grandma.  :-(  It's the first real holiday that she's not here with us since she made it through most of New Years Day.  Every time I look at the flowers on the table, I think of her.  Tulips were also her favorite of course.  It's bittersweet, that's for sure.  I miss her so much...


No comments:

Post a Comment