For about the first month Genevieve was home she loathed getting a bath. She would cry and scream the entire time while getting one as well as when she was having lotion put on her & getting dressed. The only thing she looked forward to was a guaranteed nursing session immediately after she was done being 'traumatized'. We have since figured out she likes her bath water quite warm and we use an adult sized wash cloth to cover her with, re-wetting it with warm water the entire time. When I give her a bath by myself, I lather her hair up with shampoo and let it sit while I wash her body so I make it as fast as possible for her. If Dan is home, he washes her hair while I wash her body and we're done in no-time flat. She no longer cries in the bath & will even give the occasional smile. I don't think she's to the point of splashing and it being fun for her, but she does like it now. She also doesn't scream for lotion time anymore either. I would have posted bath pictures of her before, but she cried the whole time, so now that she likes them I got a chance to snap a few!
 |
| Shampoo mohawk |
She is such a beautiful baby girl!
ReplyDelete