We went to the perinatologist for a detailed scan of Genevieve's face/palate to check and see if she may have cleft lip and/or palate. The perinatologist was very happy with the image of her face and said she definitely appears to have a full lip, so no sign of cleft lip but Genevieve was not so cooperative with the ultrasound tech for a shot of her palate. The tech and perinatologist were able to get a partial view of her palate, which looked okay, but not a full shot, so they didn't rull out 100% she has no cleft palate. The good news is, it's very rare to have ONLY a cleft palate, so the likelihood she has one is minimal, but it's still a higher chance than the average baby by a few percent. The doctor said she didn't feel that I needed to come back for anymore testing because it's so rare to have only a cleft palate, which is good news. :)
We had one of two baby showers yesterday and it turned out so nice. Genevieve got so many awesome things & it's amazing to know so many people love this little diva already and she hasn't met any of them yet! We can't wait until she gets to meet everyone in 2 short months!
I've included an updated picture of me taken 2 days ago on August 19th, 2011 at 30 weeks pregnant.

Your shower did turn out wonderful! And you look great! I can't wait for little G to make her appearance! It can't get here soon enough! :). She just better make her debut on a day I am at work, so I can just hop on the elevator and come up and see her! ;)
ReplyDelete