This past week was my first week back to work after having an amazing, but incredibly busy two weeks off. I was glad to go back to work, but in a way I was a little sad because I really enjoyed all of the time I had to get things done & spend with family, my husband, & our friends. I woke up most mornings with the feeling someone was sitting on my chest, experiencing anxiety about the whole ordeal. Once the day began the person kindly got off my chest and walked away, but I've never experienced anything quite like it before. One evening before bed I tried to explain it to Dan, but I don't think he really understood what I meant or how uncomfortable I felt. The following morning he could tell that I wasn't myself, though. I think he finally realized how much it was taking a toll on me emotionally and physically. By Friday morning, my visitor no longer saw my chest as a chair, so I woke up in a better mood and I have yet to meet with him again. I sure hope he doesn't come knocking on my door tomorrow. I really have no explanation to as why I feel that way, or what is causing it. I don't think I've ever woken up feeling like that in my life, as I usually am one of the happiest people in the morning you'll meet. Mr. Man who comes and sits on my chest, please know it isn't a Lazy Boy and find somewhere else to go tomorrow morning & every other morning.
In other news, our holiday was great. We got to see almost everyone except some of Dan's extended family, but it was our year to stay local with my family. When everyone doesn't live local it makes things a little more difficult for the holidays because we have to make a choice of who to see and who not to. This is something new for Dan because his parents are still married, but it is very typical for me since my parents have been divorced since I was 5. Having divorced parents makes the split even more difficult though because we have to visit one place for my dad's family and another for my mom. Luckily they both live close, so it is possible to get both places. I don't think I've ever known a Christmas where we've gone to just one place & stayed all day. Does that still even happen? I mean, other than in Dan's family's case. At any rate, we had a great time and got to see lots of family. Dan wanted tools for Christmas, so I bought him the following:
I also bought many tools for him to fill it up with, but I bought so many I can't remember. I just know they were all Craftsman & he needed them all. His tool chest is 3/4 of the way full.
I on the otherhand requested a 5 quart pot/pan that sits across two burners, a running record calculator (for work), a pair of snow boots - yes, I've lived in Ohio my entire life but didn't have a pair that fit, and a Cuisinart food processor that comes with all the different blades and gizmos.
Last year around the holidays I was finishing up college, so I wasn't working and we bought very little for each other, so we splurged this year. I was happy to get such cool things, but I was even happier to be able to GIVE them because my husband is absolutely worth every penny. Thanks for being an amazing husband, but even more than that my very best friend. =]
Other than that, we booked our flights Friday evening for a long weekend in New Jersey to see my best friend Olga. It happens to fall a few days before our 8 year anniversary of dating, so I think we could call it a little gift to ourselves. I'm pretty excited to see her!

No comments:
Post a Comment