Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blessed.

This past week has brought us a great blessing.  Tuesday afternoon Jess and Cambria were at the house for a play date (unfortunately, Dan & I have no baby for Cambria to play with, but she likes the cats just as well) when the phone rings.  I didn't recognize the number and I got to my phone right as it went to voicemail, so I listened to the message and it was a principal from Kettering schools.  All I heard was interview at 2:15 tomorrow and could I come...COULD I COME?!  REALLY!?  Oh yes, I could and would be there at 2, not 2:15 with bells on.  Jess, Cambria, and I then went to the mall because I needed some new clothes to wear for such an occasion.  I came home, prepared my resume, researched Title I, & wrote a fresh cover letter just for them.  The next day I went in, and I felt that I nailed the interview; I knew what I was talking about and was confident.  The three principals said they'd let me know by Friday but I could possibly hear sooner -- I didn't think sooner would be less than 2 hours later when they called to ask if I'd do a lesson for them with summer school kids.  I wasn't nervous about the lesson, but I had no clue what their reading levels were, so I was planning a shot in the dark.  Would it be WAY too easy for them or would they sink?!  Friday morning I went in with my lesson and my fingers crossed; the lesson went well, but the book level was a little easy for them (I guess that's better than it being too difficult).  Once my lesson was over, they said they'd let me know by the end of the day...and I don't know if I've ever had a day that the time passed SLOWER.  Finally at 3:30pm I had not heard anything, so I called the school to see if they'd made a decision, but the principal from that school was on the phone...I figured she was making 'THE' calls, so I'd hear soon enough.  About 15 minutes later one of the other principals calls and my stomach hit the floor.  It was either yes or no...I don't know that I was prepared to hear either answer at that point.  Finally, she said she snagged me and wanted to know if I'd be interested in being the latest addition to Kennedy Elementary.  WOULD I BE INTERESTED?!  YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!  She seems so nice and said that there were two other teachers I'd be working in a team with and that they may call me to make plans about when to meet up.  Both called me and were SO nice.  I'm really excited about this.  Orientation is tomorrow, then I go to the school to meet the teachers, etc on Tuesday.  I can't believe it...I'm a teacher...like for real...WOW!  We are so incredibly blessed.  This year has brought us AMAZING things that I could never imagine possible.  I'm still a little speechless about the whole thing (or maybe lack thereof)...

It's crazy to think all of the stages of life Dan and I have been through together in the last 7.5 years.  I was in highschool when we met...I've gotten two college degrees and he's also graduated with a college degree.  We've purchased a house together, we've gotten married, and we've both turned into adults.  I can't believe we're almost to the next stage...children!!  Wow, wow, wow.


Daniel, you are the love of my life and I cannot wait to share many more years with you :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting!!! Congrats on everything.
    ~Jamie~

    ReplyDelete